A 'NICE' WAY TO ASK FOR A HELP

on Rabu, 13 Agustus 2008


What do you think if someone says to you, "U have to help me because I've given you a present before!". Moreover, he repeats it more and more...

Recently, I decided to follow a writing workshop held by a famous writing organization (for some reasons I can't publish the name here). The training will be held in the terms of 3 months. I've called some friends that had the same interest in writing as me and they agreed to join.

Coincidentally, one of the commitee was my friend. (Well, let's call her with 'F'). F invited me to come to her commitee's meeting. I came but didn't take any role behind the scene. However, she knew when I was 'promoting' her programs to my friends.

Suddenly, one day I got a SMS sent by F. She said that she gave me a discount for the paid! Actually all of the participants needed to pay 75,000 rupiahs (probaby it's value is the same as 8 US$) for joining the program. But she said that I only needed to pay 50,000 rupiahs. What a good deal wasn't it?

I thought I got the discount because I've helped the commitee persuading my friends to join their program, until I came to the 1st day of that writing workshop. Suddenly, F's friends said that I had to be active in the organization as the consequences of getting the discount!

Moreover, they demanded me to help the commitee during the programs. They asked me to come to their meeting before the 2nd training day will be held. They said it was because I only paid 50,000.

What made it worse was they repeated it for uncountable times! It sounded as an obligation for me. However, 25,000 for my freedom? At least I still paid 50,000. Well, the story will be different if they gave me FREE at all!

I don't mean that I have no willingness to help. Especially F was very kind to me. However, it won't be convenient if you are trapped in that situation.

Forcing people to help you just because you have helped them or have given them a present before is really bad. But doing kind to them so they want to do you a favor when you need it is a totally different thing.

2 komentar:

All About Me mengatakan...

ehm...
i won't taLk about the story, cuz i wanna ask u something...
do u love cats???

FLP UM Publishing Section mengatakan...

of course! >_<m